Management of a Sales Force
15 Hours (Live)
The sales force in any organisation is often the most visible and critical resource. Due to the wide-ranging changes in business practices caused by technological advances, companies have had to adapt their sales force and sales management practices in recent years. This workshop will introduce participants to the role of the sales force and sales management practices and trace their evolution over the last few decades. The workshop will examine the latest theoretical advances in the area and the skills required to manage a sales team. It will provide participants with an in-depth understanding of the function of sales management and its role within an organisation’s marketing strategies. The workshop will also address sales management strategies, predominantly in the B2B selling context.
- Introduction to sales and sales management
- Aligning sales processes and structures with business strategies
- Typical sales processes
- Sales management planning & sales force sizing
- Territory and time management
- Sales force performance management and compensation
- Using sales force analytics to drive performance
- Sales organisation performance
At the end of the workshop, a participant should be able to answer the following questions
- How can a sales strategy be developed for a product or service?
- How can a go-to-market strategy be designed?
- How can a sales force design be developed from scratch?
- How can a sales force be managed and motivated on an ongoing basis?
- How can the right goals and targets be identified?
- How can a sales compensation system be designed?
- How can sales training needs be identified and effective sales programs be developed?
- How can sales-force analytics be used to derive insights for improving sales performance?
Who is this course suitable for
- Graduates and post graduate students with basic marketing knowledge and second-year MBA students
- Working executives who have a basic understanding of marketing concepts.
Roles for which this workshop will prepare you for
- Most roles in marketing and sales in B2B companies
- Roles in consumer goods and services companies with using sales force.
- Ilustrative designations: Area Sales Manager, Brand Manager, Product Manager, Sales Manager, Channel Manager, Account Manager, Relationship Manager, Marketing Manager, Customer Success Manager
What you can expect if you enrol in this workshop
Access to 15 hours of live classes, including 1-2 sessions by industry experts
Access to one free 30-minute mentoring session with Prof Sreeram
Access to selected notes and references to other reading materials
Five participants will get an opportunity to work on a live company project
Free enrolment in Prof Sreeram’s workshop on Life Planning