Marketing to Organisations
15 Hours (Live)
In today’s increasingly interdependent and highly specialised world, organisational business volumes (B2B, B2G, B2O) far exceed consumer business volumes. Marketing to organisations, however, differs substantially from marketing to individuals or households. This workshop will examine fundamental concepts including the nature of organisational markets (like commercial enterprises, governments, and institutions), the buying process and organisational buying behaviour dynamics. Topics will include segmentation, targeting, service, channel issues, pricing in an organisational context and planning. These concepts will be reinforced through cases outlining real-world problems faced by organisations and approaches to achieving workable solutions.
- Introduction to and basic concepts of organisational or B2B marketing
Markets and products in the B2B world
Organisational purchasing and buying behaviour
Segmentation and targeting in an organisational context
Product development and management
Organisational pricing strategies
Relationship marketing strategies
At the end of the workshop, a participant should be able to answer the following questions
- How can one make sense of the B2B environment?
- How can possible customers be identified?
- How can customer segmentation strategies be developed in B2B markets?
- How can an understanding of the decision-making units within B2B companies be developed?
- How can new products and services be designed and developed for B2B customers?
- How can one arrive at optimal prices for B2B products and services?
- How can effective marketing strategies for B2B markets be made?
- How can a good relationship marketing strategy be developed?
Who is this course suitable for
- Graduates and post graduate students with basic marketing knowledge and second-year MBA students
- Working executives who have a basic understanding of marketing concepts.
Roles for which this workshop will prepare you for
- Most positions in marketing and sales in B2B companies
- Positions in consumer goods and services companies with B2B interfaces.
- Illustrative designations: Account Manager, Relationship Manager, Product Manager, Marketing Manager, Customer Success Manager
What you can expect if you enrol in this workshop
Access to 15 hours of live classes, including 1-2 sessions by industry experts
Access to one free 30-minute mentoring session with Prof Sreeram
Access to selected notes and references to other reading materials
Five participants will get an opportunity to work on a live company project
Free enrolment in Prof Sreeram’s workshop on Life Planning